We are looking for servers to assist the Clergy and Vergers during the 11.00am Sunday Eucharist and at other occasional services. Tasks include helping to prepare for the service (arriving at least fifteen minutes before or earlier if a rehearsal is required) and processing the choir and clergy in and out of the Cathedral and other duties during the service.
This volunteer will be part of a small team who will facilitate the streaming of services and events from the Cathedral, each Sunday, on certain evenings and on special occasions. The volunteer will be offered training, development and support.
Recurring shifts will take place on certain evenings and Sunday mornings. At present, services are streamed at 11.00am. Volunteers will be expected to be on site at least 30 minutes beforehand.
The volunteer Retail Assistant role acts as an ambassador for the Cathedral and, like volunteer colleagues in the Welcomers’ team, is varied and will include:
- welcoming and serving visitors as they enter the shop;
- providing information, help and advice as appropriate to visitors;
- operating the till to process sales and returns;
- selling tickets for Guided Tours;
- preparing stock, including sorting and pricing;
- replenishing stock;
- stocktaking and other administrative tasks;
- creating shop displays.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org