Chichester Cathedral's American Patrons celebrates the many American connections within the diocese.
Become an American Patron
Our Patrons' scheme provides the opportunity to discover the shared heritage of Sussex and America whilst making a tax-efficient contribution to the heritage and worship at Chichester Cathedral.
In return for your support, you will receive:
- Invitation to Patron-only tours and events
- Invitations to private views to exhibitions and installations, including the much-loved Festival of Flowers
- Private tour of the Cathedral, including behind the scenes access
- Invitation to annual Nine Lessons & Carols, including hospitality with the Dean of Chichester
- Regular newsletters about the life of the Cathedral, its work and its community
Delve Deeper to discover the shared heritage between the US and Sussex.
Complete the following forms to become an American Patron:
West Sussex Record Office (Add Mss 8981) © West Sussex County Council
The Sussex Declarationis the only ceremonial parchment manuscript copy of the American Declaration of Independence apart from the original signed copy at The National Archives in Washington DC. A partnership project in 2017-2018 between Harvard University, the Library of Congress, the British Library and West Sussex Record Office enabled research and scientific tests to be carried out to authenticate the document. Further research on the Transatlantic Ties between West Sussex and the United States is being carried out at the Record Office with a new website coming soon to provide online access to the wide range of American documents in the archives.